I. Relevant Security Council resolutions
Security Council resolution 1483 (2003): paragraphs 19 and 23
II. Who is entitled to submit listing requests?
Member States may at any time submit to the Committee requests for inclusion of individuals and entities on the 1518 Sanctions List.
III. What should be included in listing requests?
Listing requests must contain a detailed statement of case in support of the proposed listing and the specific criteria under which the names of individuals and/or entities are being proposed for designation, including:
- specific findings and reasoning demonstrating that the listing criteria are met;
- nature of the supporting evidence (e.g., intelligence, law enforcement, judicial, media, admissions by subject, etc.);
- supporting evidence or documents;
- details of any connection with a currently listed individual or entity.
To the extent possible, the following specific information should be provided to allow for the positive identification of the individual, group, undertaking or entity concerned by competent authorities, including:
- For individuals: family name/surname, given names, other relevant names (both in Arabic and English), date of birth, place of birth, nationality/citizenship, gender, aliases, employment/occupation, residence, addresses, passport or travel document (including date and place of issue as well as expiration date) and national identification number, current and previous addresses, website addresses, current location, and professional and functional title;
- For groups, undertakings or entities: name, acronyms, address, headquarters, subsidiaries, affiliates, fronts, nature of business or activity, leadership, tax or other identification number and other names by which it is known or was formerly known, and website addresses.
IV. How to make the listing request?
Please address the listing requests to:
The Chair of the Committee, His Excellency Mr. Sven Jürgenson (Estonia), through the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Estonia to the United Nations
With copies to:
- The Secretary of the Committee, Mr. David Biggs, Email address: SC-1518-Committee@un.org
V. Decision-making of the Committee
In accordance with the Committee Guidelines, the Committee will consider expeditiously requests to update the sanctions list.
If the Committee approves the listing requests, the Secretariat shall, after publication but within one week after a name is added to the sanctions List, notify the Permanent Mission of the country or countries where the individual or entity is believed to be located and, in the case of individuals, the country of which the person is a national (to the extent this information is known).