The Committee is supported by the Panel of Experts on South Sudan. It is comprised of five experts and is home-based. The Panel was established by paragraph 18 of resolution 2206 (2015) for an initial period of 13 months. The Panel’s mandate was subsequently extended under resolutions 2271 (2016) , 2280 (2016) , 2290 (2016) , 2353 (2017) and 2428 (2018) until 1 July 2019.
- Assist the Committee in carrying out its mandate as specified in resolutions 2206 (2015) and 2428 (2018) , including through providing the Committee with information relevant to the potential designation of individuals and entities who may be engaging in the activities described inparagraphs 13, 14 and 15 of resolution 2428 (2018) ;
- Gather, examine and analyse information regarding the implementation of the measures decided in resolutions 2206 (2015) , and 2428 (2018) in particular incidents of non-compliance, with particular focus on the benchmarks outlined in paragraph 26 of resolution 2428 (2018) ;
- Gather, examine and analyse information regarding the supply, sale or transfer of arms and related materiel and related military or other assistance, including the financing modalities of such activities as well as procurement of these items through illicit trafficking networks, to individuals and entities undermining implementation of the Agreement or participating in acts that violate international human rights law or international humanitarian law, as applicable;
- Gather, examine and analyse information on armed groups or criminal networks engaging in the illicit exploitation or trade of natural resources in South Sudan;
- Provide to the Council, after discussion with the Committee, an interim report by 1 December 2018, a final report by 1 May 2019, and except in the months when these reports are due, updates each month; and
- Assist the Committee in refining and updating information on the list of individuals and entities subject to the measures imposed by resolutions 2206 (2015) , and 2428 (2018) including through the provision of identifying information and additional information for the publicly-available narrative summary of reasons for listing.