Registration of Mission Staff
Forms are documents created by the Protocol and Liaison Service outlining what information is required to process different requests. Forms help ensure that all necessary information is provided, allowing our office to promptly process requests.
Please note that all forms require a cover letter. The cover letter is the official request instructing the Protocol and Liaison Service to act. The letter provides information necessary for successful processing.
These forms are periodically updated. Please ensure that you are using the most updated version of these forms.
1) For Members of Missions:
- Form SG.5 - Registration of Members of Permanent Missions/Observer Offices (updated January 2017)
- Form SG.8 - Notification of Final Departure of Members of Permanent Missions/Observer Offices (updated April 2014)
- Form SG.32 - Request for United Nations Building Pass for Members of Permanent Missions/Observer Offices (updated April 2014)
- Form SG.38 - Request for United Nations Building Pass for Former Permanent Representatives (updated April 2014)
2) Other Forms:
- Form SG.34 - Request for United Nations Building Pass for Members of Specialized Agencies (updated April 2014)
- Form SSS.73 - Registration of Members of Specialized Agencies
- Form SG.35 - Request for United Nations Building Pass for Representatives of Frente Polisario and the Turkish Cypriot Community
- Form SG.40 - Request for tickets for the VIP section during the General Debate
- Information on requesting United Nations building passes can be found here.
To facilitate the processes of registration of staff, registration to UN meetings, building pass issuance and/or renewal, we have updated the checklist for each action. It provides a list of required documents, as well as the basics on how the form should be filled out.
United Nations Safety and Security Service
- Lost Grounds Pass Report - Complete this form and attach it to the new United Nations grounds pass application.
United States Forms
U.S. immigration forms can be found in the links below:
- I-94 (Arrival and Departure Record)
- The following forms are to be submitted directly to the U.S. Mission:
- Information about absences of Permanent Representatives or Observers from Headquarters.
- Sample of the Letter of Absence and Return to Duty letter for Permanent Representatives or Observers.