Remote practicum agreements
Apart from the MoU network and the associated membership agreements, partner universities may also be invited to sign a remote practicum agreement with the United Nations. Such agreements offer remote practical experience to promising university students studying translation or interpretation.
Universities currently under a remote practicum agreement:
- Beijing Foreign Studies University (China): Programme | Agreement
- National University of Cordoba (Argentina): Programme | Agreement
- Shanghai International Studies University (China): Programme | Agreement
- University of Belgrano (Argentina): Programme | Agreement
- University of the Republic (Uruguay): Programme | Agreement
- Women’s University of the Sacred Heart (Peru): Programme | Agreement
Universities previously under a remote practicum agreement:
- Ain Shams University (Egypt): Programme | Agreement
- Moscow State Linguistic University (Russian Federation): Programme | Agreement
- The University of the West Indies (Jamaica): Programme | Agreement
The Pan-African Masters Consortium in Interpretation and Translation
Purpose and background
The Pan-African Masters Consortium in Interpretation and Translation (PAMCIT) aimed to provide international, regional and subregional organizations operating on the African continent with the capacity to serve intergovernmental processes in the long run by supporting succession planning.
PAMCIT was initially set up in 2015 with the aim of creating a network of centres of excellence in Africa to produce qualified, skilled and trained translators and interpreters for Africa and beyond. To this end, the programme was established to train students as nationals of African states, as well as to ensure continuity by training interpretation and translation trainers. PAMCIT was funded mainly by the European Union with financial, technical and training assistance also from United Nations at Nairobi (UNON). The first phase of PAMCIT concluded on 31 December 2019.
The first phase included five universities:
- Université Gaston Berger University (Senegal)
- Universidade Pedagógica de Moçambique (Mozambique)
- University of Buea (Cameroon)
- University of Ghana (Ghana)
- University of Nairobi (Kenya)