Protocol and Liaison Service
In light of the ongoing situation presented by COVID-19, the Protocol and Liaison Service is currently operating remotely away from Headquarters. As such, the procedures for registering members of Permanent Missions and Observer Offices have been revised temporarily to allow the workflow to continue with minimal disruption. Please click here to open a list of revisions to these processes.
The Protocol and Liaison Service within the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM) serves the protocol needs of the Secretariat, including those of the Secretary-General, the Deputy Secretary-General and the President of the General Assembly. It also interfaces with the Permanent Missions and Observer Offices to the United Nations as well as with the liaison offices of the specialised agencies and related organizations stationed in New York. The Service applies an orderly, uniform set of rules and governing codes of behaviour in diplomatic forums, meetings and ceremonies involving missions/observers and their representatives. To learn more, see our About page.
United Nations, New York. (UN Photo/Mark Garten)
ADDRESS & PHONE:
405 East 42nd Street, Room S-0200, New York, NY 10017
Protocol General Tel: (212) 963-7171, (212) 963-7172
Registration to UN Meetings Tel: (212) 963-7181
Please, click here to send us a message.
- NV-New PLS Website 2021 - Information regarding the creation of a new website for the Protocol and Liaison Service.
- NV-Electronic Submission - Following the NV on Remote Operations (below), the Protocol and Liaison Service kindly requests Missions and Offices to refer to our guidelines for the electronic submission of documents. Kindly see the NV regarding additional details.
- NV-Remote Operations - Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, the Protocol and Liaison Service will be changing its operational practices for the immediate future. Kindly see the NV regarding additional details.
- NV-PLS Fax - The Protocol and Liaison Service will be discontinuing its fax line effective 1 March 2020. Kindly see the NV regarding additional details
- PRO/NV/Lists of Government/10 - Request for email addresses of the offices of Heads of State, Heads of Government, and Ministers for Foreign Affairs (updated March 2021)