Global Technical Team
The Global Technical Team manages the development of a suite of global information technology projects for the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management, including gText, gDoc, gMeets, eAPG and One-Stop-Shop. Located in Vienna and headed by a senior computational linguist, the team reports to the Chief of Office of the Under-Secretary-General of the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management.
Pursuant to the information and communications technology strategy and the subsequent direction by the Secretary-General regarding the decentralization of management, information and communications technology, functions for the Department are being jointly delivered with the Office of Information and Communications Technology. In particular, the Department performs several roles in business analysis, project management, solution architecture, development and quality assurance for global and local projects providing specific functionalities for the Department.
The Global Technical Team supports the Department's gProject information technology products. Those products cover the three primary domains: meetings, documents and translation. They are used in the four duty stations, as well as the regional commissions and other international organizations. The team provides user support and develops and maintains the products. The team’s funding is provided by a blend of regular budgetary resources and non-regular budgetary funds on a cost-recovery basis.
The role of the team includes:
- Planning, analysing, designing and serving as architect for gProjects
- Delivering gProjects, related applications and system
- Supporting and providing advice regarding gProject technology
- Providing DevOps/cloud hosting services for gProjects
- Providing quality assurance services for gProjects
- Providing deployment services for gProjects
- Providing ongoing support and maintenance for gProjects
- Directly communicating with the Office of Information and Communications Technology on technical matters related to gProjects