Today was the last day of the SDG Media Zone, held in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
Over 40 panels were live streamed and engagement was high using the hashtag #SDGLive. Well-known personalities and Member States, as well as content creators, influencers and media partners, brought their vision and accomplishments on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals to the discussions, and you can view all the panels here.
- Women Leaders of the United Nations – a panel discussion with UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina J. Mohammed and Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications Alison Smale
- Continuing Mandela’s long walk to freedom: Delivering the SDGs with Graca Machel, Kumi Naidoo, and Sherwin Bryce-Pease
- Leaving No One Behind -with Leymah Gbowee, SDG Advocate and Nobel Peace Laureate
- Talk by Nyle DiMarco, model and disability advocate
- Tackling Crisis in Wildlife Conservation and Animal Welfare – with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, UNDP Goodwill Ambassador; Michele Oliver, Vice President, Marketing, Mars; and Valerie Williamson, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Partnership Innovation, The Economist
- Cleaner, Healthier, Happier – with Raya from Sesame Workshop; Sherrie Rollins Westin, President, Global Impact and Philanthropy, Sesame Workshop
- #BeatPlasticPollution – Dia Mirza, Goodwill Ambassador for India, UN Environment; Naysán Sahba, Director, Division of Communication, UN Environment
- Role Models for Social Good – Jillian Mercado, Model and Advocate for the Rights of People with Disabilities; Mari Malek, Model-Activist & founder of Stand for Education