About the SDG Media Zone
The SDG Media Zone— a live format of interviews, panel discussions and other digital content—seeks to create, connect, and highlight the initiatives that the global community is working on to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Bringing together well-known personalities and Member States as well as content creators, influencers and media partners, the Zone provides a dynamic space to strengthen the commitment of the international community in support of the 2030 Agenda.
On 9-17 July, the UN is organizing an SDG Media Zone that will set the scene for conversations with experts showcasing change-making initiatives and innovative approaches to achieving the Goals. For the period 9-12 July there will be daily updates on what’s happening during the High-Level Political Forum, and live streamed interviews and panel discussions will be featured on this page 16-17 July.
The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
The 2018 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development is the essential global forum for reviewing successes, challenges and lessons learned on achieving the SDGs. The meeting will be convened under the auspices of the UN Economic and Social Council. The theme this year will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”.
47 countries are expected to present their Voluntary National Reviews at this year’s Forum. This year’s focus highlights progress on:
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Past SDG Media Zones
Past events include United Nations General Assembly, the Ocean Conference, the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, the ECOSOC Youth Forum, and the World Economic Forum. For more information and videos from earlier SDG Media Zones at the UN Headquarters, please visit: UN WebTV. The SDG Media Zone is an initiative of the Office of the President of the UN General Assembly, in partnership with the UN Department of Public Information, the United Nations Foundation and PVBLIC Foundation.