Senior Victims’ Rights Officers
To bolster support to victims in the field, Senior Victims’ Rights Officers (SVRO) and Field Victims’ Rights Advocates (FVRA) are in place in the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Haiti and South Sudan. These Advocates are the main contact for all victims on the ground and they take steps to ensure that a victim-centered, gender- and child-sensitive and non-discriminatory approach is integrated into the United Nations support of victims.
The Senior Victims’ Rights Officers (SVRO) and Field Victims’ Rights Advocates (FVRA) report to the Victims’ Rights Advocate and the Secretary-General’s Special Representatives to ensure a cohesive and system-wide approach. They work closely with conduct and discipline teams, humanitarian actors, as well as civil society, including local human rights organizations.
Field Victims’ Rights Advocates are full time United Nations personnel with other functions who serve as focal points for victims support and assistance.
Field Victims’ Rights Advocate & Conduct and Discipline Officer, The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Fernanda Perez Solla
Senior Victims’ Rights Officer, Central African Republic
Senior Victims’ Rights Officer, South Sudan
Senior Victims’ Rights Officer, Haiti
Links to Mission pages
- United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti (BINUH)
- United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA)
- United Nations Stabilization Mission in the DR Congo (MONUSCO)
- United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)
UN Focal Points for Victims’ Rights
- In the absence of a Senior Victims’ Rights Officer, OVRA has supported the appointment of focal points for victims’ rights. These focal points, appointed by the most senior United Nations official at country level, have a system-wide role to advise on and strengthen a coordinated and victim-centred approach to the provision of assistance and support to complainants and victims of sexual exploitation and abuse in consultation with the Victims’ Rights Advocate.
- Karelia Ramos Gonzalez is the Victims’ Rights Focal Point in Guatemala.
- Inah Fatoumata Kaloga is the Victims’ Rights Focal Point in Nepal.