The Membership Committee works to increase membership by encouraging retirees, as well as staff about to retire, to join AFICS/NY and benefit from its activities and services. This Committee also is responsible for producing the Directory of Members, latest 2019 issue .
Activities / Achievements
- Made presentations at UN Pre-retirement seminars showcasing AFICS/NY’s value-add.
- Organized NEW MEMBERSHIP MEET AND MINGLE, in partnership with the Social and Other Events Committee.
- Participated in AFICS/NY table at the UN on Staff Day. 2019 gallery
- Targeted Funds and Programmes with HQ in New York, to expand membership diversity.
- Revised the Membership Application Form, to allow for pro-rated membership based on when people join during the calendar year.
- Revised the Annual Membership Dues Form to offer the option of switching from yearly to life-time membership.
- Revised “Why Join AFICS/NY?” – a basic advocacy document, to better showcase AFICS/NY.
- Published the new Directory of Members in August 2019.