The General Assembly shall appoint an expert Committee on Contributions
consisting of eighteen members.
(Rule 158 of the Rules of Procedure of the General Assembly)
The Committee on Contributions is an expert Committee consisting of 18 members (resolution 31/95 of 14 December 1976.)
In 1946, the General Assembly decided that an expert Committee on Contributions of 10 members shall be appointed by the General Assembly (resolution 14(I) of 13 February 1946). Subsequently membership increased to 12 members (2390 (XXIII) of 25 November 1968) and then to 13 (resolution 2913 (XXVII) of 9 November 1972)
- Members are appointed by the General Assembly at the session immediately before the date when the term of office expires. In case of vacancies, appointments are made at next session.
- No two members of the Committee on Contributions shall be nationals of the same State. Members are selected on the basis of broad geographical representation, personal qualifications and experience and serve for a period of three years corresponding to three calendar years.
- Members retire by rotation and are eligible for reappointment.
Rule 159 of the Rules of Procedure of the General Assembly
The members of the Committee on Contributions, no two of whom shall be nationals of the same State, shall be selected on the basis of broad geographical representation, personal qualifications and experience and shall serve for a period of three years corresponding to three calendar years. Members shall retire by rotation and shall be eligible for reappointment. The General Assembly shall appoint the members of the Committee on Contributions at the regular session immediately preceding the expiration of the term of office of the members or, in the case of vacancies, at the next session.
Committee on Contributions (2015)
Mr. Bernardo GREIVER (Uruguay)
Mr. Gordon ECKERSLEY (Australia)
- Mr. Andrzej T. ABRASZEWSKI (Poland)
- Mr. Syed Yawar ALI (Pakistan)
- Mr. Jean Pierre DIAWARA (Guinea)
- Mr. Mohamed A. ELSHAKSHUKI (Libya)
- Mr. Edward FARIS (United States of America)
- Mr. Daopeng FU (China)
- Mr. Ihor V. HUMENNYI (Ukraine)
- Mr. Kunal KHATRI (United Kingdom)
- Mr. Nikolay LOZINSKIY (Russian Federation)
- Mr. Toshiro OZAWA (Japan)
- Mr. Pedro Luis PEDROSO CUESTA (Cuba)
- Mr. Henrique da Silveira SARDINHA PINTO (Brazil)
- Mr. Thomas SCHLESINGER (Austria)
- Mr. Ugo SESSI (Italy)
- Mr. Josiel Motumisi TAWANA (South Africa)
- Ms. Seongmee YOON (Republic of Korea)