Current Session (68th)
The General Assembly is the main deliberative, policymaking and representative organ of the United Nations. Comprising all 193 Members of the United Nations, it provides a unique forum for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues covered by the Charter. Read more About the General Assembly.
- 2/25/2014 Secretary-General, in General Assembly, Urges Syrian Parties to Ease Humanitarian Access, Treat Civilians Humanely
- 2/19/2014 Investing in Water, Sanitation, Energy Essential to Improving Chances for Better Life, Says Deputy Secretary-General during General Assembly Debate
- 2/18/2014 ‘Eradicating Extreme Poverty Is Our Most Urgent Priority, Sustainable Development Our Guide,’ Secretary-General Tells General Assembly
- 2/10/2014 General Assembly Weighs Progress in Controlling Non-Communicable Diseases ahead of Comprehensive Review
- 1/29/2014 Just Ahead of Winter Olympics in Russian Federation, General Assembly President Appeals to Member States to Uphold Spirit of Olympic Truce