Sixth Committee (Legal)
- Election of the Chair and the Bureau of the Sixth Committee at the 76th session
7 June 2021At the 20th meeting, held on 7 June 2021, the Committee elected, by acclamation, Her Excellency Alya Ahmed bin Saif Al-Thani (State of Qatar) as its Chair for the 76th session of the General Assembly. The Committee also elected, by acclamation, Mr. Ahmed Abdelaziz (Egypt), Ms. Justina Krutulyté (Lithuania), and Mr. Ricardo García López (Spain) as Vice-Chairs, as well as Ms. Ana L. Villalobos (Costa Rica) as the Rapporteur, of the Sixth Committee for the 76th session of the General Assembly.
- Charter Committee (2021 session)
24 February 2021In accordance with the GA resolution 75/140 of 15 December 2020, the 2021 session of the Special Committee was held from 16 to 24 February 2021.
- Resolutions and decisions
15 December 2020 Resolutions and decisions adopted by the General Assembly on items allocated to the Sixth Committee (75th session, 2020).
- Provisional programme of work (76th session)
13 November 2020Provisional programme for the 76th session as proposed by the Bureau (revised version of 12 November 2020).
The Sixth Committee is the primary forum for the consideration of legal questions in the General Assembly. All of the United Nations Member States are entitled to representation on the Sixth Committee as one of the main committees of the General Assembly.
The present website contains information relating to the work of the Sixth Committee during the current or most recent session of the General Assembly, as well as links to the websites of previous sessions. It also provides links to related websites on legal matters.
- Compilation of extracts of resolutions adopted by the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Sixth Committee, containing requests addressed to States, international organizations and the Secretary-General (2020–2021)
- Deadlines for the submission of comments and observations (2020–2021)
Archive videos are also available on a dedicated Committee page.