Sixth Committee (Legal)
- Election of the Chair and the Bureau of the Sixth Committee at the 77th session
7 June 2022At the 30th meeting, held on 7 June 2022, the Committee elected, by acclamation, His Excellency Mr. Pedro Comissário Afonso (Mozambique) as its Chair for the 77th session of the General Assembly. The Committee also elected, by acclamation, Ms. Tzvety Romanska (Bulgaria), Mr. Edgar Daniel Leal Matta (Guatemala), and Ms. Anna Pála Sverrisdóttir (Iceland) as Vice-Chairs, as well as Ms. Sarah Zahirah Ruhama (Malaysia) as the Rapporteur, of the Sixth Committee for the 77th session of the General Assembly.
- Resolutions and decisions
9 December 2021 Resolutions and decisions adopted by the General Assembly on items allocated to the Sixth Committee (76th session, 2021).
- Provisional programme of work (77th session)
18 November 2021Provisional programme for the 77th session as proposed by the Bureau.
The Sixth Committee is the primary forum for the consideration of legal questions in the General Assembly. All of the United Nations Member States are entitled to representation on the Sixth Committee as one of the main committees of the General Assembly.
The present website contains information relating to the work of the Sixth Committee during the current or most recent session of the General Assembly, as well as links to the websites of previous sessions. It also provides links to related websites on legal matters.
- Compilation of extracts of resolutions adopted by the General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Sixth Committee, containing requests addressed to States, international organizations and the Secretary-General (2021–2022)
- Deadlines for the submission of comments and observations (2021–2022)
Archive videos are also available on a dedicated Committee page.