- The regular session opened on 17 September 2013;
- High-level Meetings and Dialogue were held the last week of September and early October 2013
- The session will conclude on 15 September 2014 (the day before the next session begins).
Meetings of the General Assembly are announced and summarized in the Journal of the United Nations.
- 3/7/2014 General Assembly Re-elects Achim Steiner for Additional Two-Year Term as Executive Director of United Nations Environment Programme
- 3/7/2014 Progress on Gender Equality Fuels Progress across Entire United Nations Agenda, Secretary-General Says at Closing of General Assembly High-level Session
- 2/25/2014 Secretary-General, in General Assembly, Urges Syrian Parties to Ease Humanitarian Access, Treat Civilians Humanely
- 2/19/2014 Investing in Water, Sanitation, Energy Essential to Improving Chances for Better Life, Says Deputy Secretary-General during General Assembly Debate
- 2/18/2014 ‘Eradicating Extreme Poverty Is Our Most Urgent Priority, Sustainable Development Our Guide,’ Secretary-General Tells General Assembly
The Agenda provides background information on the organization of the session. It lists all the items that will be considered by the General Assembly during the session.