Rules of procedure and comments
- I. Sessions (Rule 1 to 11)
- II. Agenda (Rule 12 to 24)
- III. Delegations (Rule 25 to 26)
- IV. Credentials (Rule 27 to 29)
- V. President and Vice-presidents (Rule 30 to 37)
- VI. General Committee (Rule 38 to 44)
- VII. Secretariat (Rule 45 to 50)
- VIII. Languages (Rule 51 to 57)
- IX. Records (Rule 58 to 59)
- X. Public and private meetings (Rule 60 to 61)
- XII. Plenary meetings (Rule 63 to 95)
- XIII. Committees (Rule 96 to 133)
- XIV. Admission of new members to the UN (Rule 134 to 138)
- XV. Elections to principal organs (Rule 139 to 151)
- XVI. Administrative and budgetary questions (Rule 152 to 160)
- XVIII. Interpretation and amendments (Rule 162 to 163)
The official issuance of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly, embodying amendments and additions adopted by the General Assembly up to and including its 74th session is available as document A/520/Rev.19. In addition to the 163 rules referenced above, the official issuance also contains an introduction, an explanatory note, and eleven annexes.
In response to paragraph 24 of General Assembly resolution 60/286, comments on some procedural practices are made available online . Reference is made to individual pages of this document under specific rules listed on this website.
The information provided on this website is intended for information purposes only and does not constitute in any way a legal interpretation of the General Assembly rules of procedure by Member States.