Eleventh Emergency Special Session
Letter dated 28 February 2014 from the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council
At its 8980th meeting, on 27 February 2022, the Security Council adopted resolution 2623 (2022), in which it decided to call an emergency special session of the General Assembly to examine the question contained in document S/Agenda/8979.
Accordingly, in a note dated 27 February 2022, the Secretary-General informed Member States that the eleventh emergency special session would convene at Headquarters on Monday, 28 February 2022, at 10 a.m. for the consideration of the item entitled “Letter dated 28 February 2014 from the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2014/136)”.
28 February - 2 March 2022
- Note by the Secretary General (A/ES-11/1)
- Provisional agenda
- Draft resolution (A/ES-11/L.1), adopted as resolution ES-11/1
- Press release (28 February) [1st and 2nd meetings]
- Press release (1 March) [3rd and 4th meetings]
- Press release (2 March) [5th and 6th meetings]
At its 6th meeting, the General Assembly decided to temporarily adjourn the emergency special session and authorized the President of the General Assembly to resume its meetings upon request from Member States.
23 - 24 March 2022
- Request by 22 Member States to resume the emergency special session (A/ES-11/4)
- Press release (23 March) [7th and 8th meetings]
- Press release (24 March) [9th meeting]
- Draft resolution (A/ES-11/L.2), adopted as resolution ES-11/2