WHAT: The UN Food Systems Summit will host a Global Youth Summit Dialogue, featuring headline speakers and 100 youth advocates to unite a growing movement behind the transformation of food systems around the world to achieve progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
The event will also mark the launch of the Good Food For All campaign, galvanize ideas towards a better food systems and set in motion a series of youth-led Independent Summit Dialogues.
WHEN: Tuesday, May 4, 9am EST/2pm BST/ 11pm AEST
WHO: The Dialogue will be convened by:
- Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the Food Systems Summit
- Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director of UNICEF
The Special guests will include:
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Jayathma Wickramanayake, the UN Secretary-General's Envoy on Youth
- Janya Green, agricultural extension specialist, US
- Jessica Vega Ortega, Indigenous Peoples youth leader, Mexico
- Waffles and Mochi from the Netflix series of the same name
WHY: The UN Food Systems Summit Global Youth Dialogue – Good Food For All is a part of the upcoming UN Food Systems Summit. In September 2021, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres will convene the first Summit to launch bold new actions to transform the way the world produces and consumes food, to deliver progress on all 17 SDGs, each of which relies to some degree on more sustainable and equitable food systems. Youth have leadership roles throughout the Summit, including in the Advisory Committee, Action Tracks, and Champions Network. Through the Food Systems Summit Dialogues, youth have a seat at the table to deliberate on their role in food systems and how they can unite around transformative actions in support of sustainable development.