Mission to Angola: Support for the graduation from the LDC category
From 24 to 27 October 2016, an UN expert team, comprising of the CDP, UNDP, UNCTAD and OHRLLS, conducted a joint mission in Luanda, Angola, to provide support to the Government of Angola on the graduation from the LDC category. The UN team held consultation meetings with various stakeholders and partners on the drafting of the National Roadmap for the Smooth Transition Strategy towards graduation from the list of LDCs.
On 27 October 2016 the high level workshop "Angola's Graduation from the Category of the LDCs: Challenges and Opportunities" was held with over 300 participants in order to identify the main steps for the country's graduation until February 2021.
Documents of the workshop on 27 October 2016 (English)
Presentations of the workshop on 27 October 2016 (English)
- Challenges and opportunities of LDCs Graduation - Presentation by UNDP
- Key elements of LDC graduation criteria in the case of Angola - Presentation by CDP
- Angola's graduation from LDC status - Potential consequences - Presentation by UNCTAD
- International Support Measures for the Least Developed Countries - Presentation by OHRLLS
- Botswana's Strategy got Graduation to MIC: Lessons for Angola - Presentation by Botswana