Side events may be organized on the margins of the Conference in entirely virtual format and should be related to its theme: “Sustainable Transport, Sustainable Development” as well as its six thematic sessions:
Thematic session 1: Sustainable transport, poverty eradication, livelihoods and economic recovery
Thematic session 2: Sustainable transport and regional development
Thematic session 3: Sustainable transport and connectivity, including rural areas and countries in special situations
Thematic session 4: Sustainable transport and green development: climate change mitigation, adaptation and resilience
Thematic session 5: Policies for sustainable transport
Thematic session 6: Sustainable transport and sustainable cities
Side events may only be held during the following time slots, not during the official programme :
13 October: Full Day
14 October: No side events featured
15 October: Full day [except 3:00 p.m. -9:30 p.m. China Standard Time(CST, GMT+8)]
16 October: Full day [except 3:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m. China Standard Time(CST, GMT+8)]
Side events can be organized by Member States, UN entities, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs and other organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC. Organizations that are not in consultative status with ECOSOC will need to have a co-sponsor (Member State or UN entity) to organize their side events.
Responsibility of side event organizers
- Each side event organizer is responsible for choosing and hosting their virtual event platform.
- Organizers must bear ALL the costs incurred, including as they relate to platform use, technical support required as well as publicizing and actively promoting their respective side events.
- Organizers are suggested to host their side events in English or make their own interpretation arrangements, official interpretation service is not available for side events.
- Organizers should address one or more of the subjects presented above (‘thematic sessions’).
- Organizers should make the side events as interactive as possible, including allocating sufficient time for dialogue with the audience.
- Organizers should provide a half-page summary of the key recommendations and messages within one week of the completion of the side event to the UN Secretariat.
Organizers who are interested in hosting side events are requested to complete this form no later than 24 September 2021 (5PM, EDT). The Secretariat of the Conference will review and approve the requests received on a rolling basis and notify the organizers accordingly.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lineke Wang Schrijver (Email: email@example.com), Division for Sustainable Development Goals, UNDESA.