For UN Member States
The rapidly evolving developments of the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted the work of the United Nations as a whole including the General Assembly (GA). Thus, the GA has been carrying out its work via different means to ensure business continuity and mitigate the spread of the disease.
You may also refer to COVID-19 Working Procedures adopted during the 74th session of the General Assembly.
Special Session of the General Assembly in Response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
3-4 December 2020, New York
The special session provides an opportunity for the international community to assess and hone its collective response to this pandemic.
High-Level Event on Financing for Development in the Era of COVID-19 and Beyond
28 May 2020, New York
Convened by the Prime Minister of Canada, H.E. Mr. Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Jamaica, H.E. Mr. Andrew Holness, and UN Secretary-General António Guterres, the virtual event aimed to advance concrete solutions to the development emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
GA resolutions on the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Women and girls and the response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (16 December 2020)
- Strengthening national and international rapid response to the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on women and girls (16 December 2020)
- Special session of the General Assembly in response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (5 November 2020)
- United response against global health threats: combating COVID-19 (11 September 2020)
- Comprehensive and coordinated response to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (11 September 2020)
- International cooperation to ensure global access to medicines, vaccines and medical equipment to face COVID-19 (20 April 2020)
- Global solidarity to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (3 April 2020)
For the health situation in New York, please see Information for Member States.