The United Nations is asking people from around the world to share their story by make a 60-second film on the theme of ‘Groundwater –making the invisible visible’. Share in one minute or less about the groundwater situation where you live: how does it affect your life? Is there enough? Is it safe to use? What is it mainly used for in your area? What needs to be done to exploit or protect it? A selection of films will be shown at the UN-Water Summit in December 2022.
General requirements to make your film:
- One minute max. Keep your video to 60 seconds or less.
- Go widescreen. Shoot the video in landscape orientation.
- Speak up. Use a mic for good quality audio.
- Be civil. Keep your video respectful and constructive.
- Be accurate. Check your facts.
- You must have permission to use any third-party music or imagery within the film.
- For non-English videos, please add English CC/subtitles
How to submit:
- Upload your 60-second video to YouTube or Vimeo and share on social media using #MyGroundwaterStoryand #WorldWaterDay
- Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry is now open. The deadline for new entries is midnight CET on 20 November 2022.
- ‘After the cut-off, a selection will be compiled and screened at the UN-Water Summit on groundwater in December 2022.