Thank you for your interest in having your university become a member of United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI)! This online form is designed for the formal enrollment of accredited, degree granting institutions of higher education in the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI).
Please read the information and instructions below carefully, as failure to correctly fill in the application will result in delays in processing or rejection of the application.
Who Can Join UNAI?
UNAI membership is open to degree granting institutions of higher education that are accredited by the governing bodies responsible for overseeing higher education in the country where the school is registered or located.
UNAI membership is NOT open to:
· Model UN associations - please visit Education Outreach for information on the UN and Model UN
· NGOs/civil society organizations – please visit UN Civil Society for information on how to affiliate as an NGO
· Primary or secondary schools
· Individual students or researchers
· Non-accredited universities
Submitting a successful application
To ensure your application is reviewed in a timely manner please ensure the following:
· The application has been filled out in English – unfortunately, we currently do not have the staff capacity to review applications in all official UN languages.
· The application has been made by, or authorized by, the head of the school (President/Chancellor/Rector).
· The application has been made on behalf of the entire school and not one college, institute, faculty or area of the university (for example, the college of letters and science, the law school, the business school or the human rights institute). We cannot accept applications for one portion of the school and the application must be endorsed by the head of the university.
· A minimum of three distinct focal points/points of contact must be included in the application, one of which must be the head of the school (President/Chancellor/Rector) and their full names (first and last, no initials), non-generic institutional email addresses, and their position/title with the organization.
· We cannot accept generic email addresses (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) and we also cannot accept commercial email addresses (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.).
· Please do not repeat contact names as this will result in the rejection of your application.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for the review of your application.