Current Session (68th)
The General Assembly is the main deliberative, policymaking and representative organ of the United Nations. Comprising all 193 Members of the United Nations, it provides a unique forum for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues covered by the Charter. Read more About the General Assembly.
- 12/9/2013 ‘Moral and Political Failure’ to Leave Oceans Unprotected, Speaker Tells General Assembly, as It Adopts Two Broad-Based Resolutions on Topic
- 12/6/2013 General Assembly Elects Jordan as Non-Permanent Security Council Member, Appoints Morocco to Economic and Social Council
- 12/6/2013 Mandela’s Inspirational Life ‘A Tribute to the Dignity of Man’, Deputy Secretary-General Tells General Assembly
- 12/5/2013 Capping Intensive Disarmament Committee Session, General Assembly Adopts 53 Texts on Wide Range of Pressing International Security Concerns
- 12/4/2013 General Assembly Adopts Text on Graduation from Least Developed Category as Vanuatu, Equatorial Guinea Attain Middle-Income Status