UNITED NATIONS PALESTINE COMMISSION
DRAFT OUTLINE SPECIAL REPORT TO THE SECOND
SPECIAL SESSION OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
I. Organization of the Commission
1) Establishment of the Commission; Members.
2) Number of Meetings.
3) Provisional Rules of Procedure.
4) Review of the tasks of the Commission.
5) Invitations to the Mandatory Power, Arab Higher Committee and Jewish Agency.
II. Major difficulties confronting the Commission
1) Position of the Mandatory Power (non-cooperation in implementing; Commission not welcome in Palestine prior to 1 May; no progressive transfer of authority)
3) Strife in Palestine; deterioration in administration, and law and order.
III. The Work of the Commission
1) Procedure: Consultations with the Mandatory Power and the Jewish Agency; the Advance Party of the Secretariat.
2) Efforts with a view to solving the various problems which will arise on the termination of the Mandate.
a) Administrative problems (preparation with a view to establishing Provisional Councils of Government; efforts to ensure some continuity in the administrative machinery; review of special problems: health; public information; detainees.
b) Economic and financial problems.
c) The Security Problem,
IV. Reports of the Commission to the Security Council
1) Monthly Progress Reports
2) First Special Report
1) Resolution adopted by the Commission after the decision of the Security Council to request a convocation of the Assembly.
2) Review of the facts which have prevented the implementation of the resolution of the Assembly.
3) Review of the problems which require an urgent solution: security; administration; food supply.