The United Nations is the largest multilateral international organization. It inspires people from around the world to join its mission of maintaining peace, advancing human rights and promoting justice, equality and development.
Title: United Nations Careers Webinar for Mid-Career Professionals in the Pacific
Date: Friday, 24 September 2021
Time: 10am to 12:00pm (AEST), 12pm to 2:00pm (NZST/FJT)
RSVP/Registration form: https://bit.ly/24seprsvp
Objective: This webinar will provide guidelines and information regarding various employment opportunities in different fields within the United Nations, with a particular focus on mid-career professionals from Small Island Developing States in the Pacific, in the fields of Economic Affairs, Statistics, Social Affairs, Political Affairs, Human Rights, Administration, Public Information, Information Management and Technology.
Confirmed guest speakers:
- Ms. Cathryn Buis (Papua New Guinea), Development Coordination Officer (Partnerships and Development Finance), Resident Coordinator’s Office, United Nations in Papua New Guinea.
- Ms. Alithia Barampataz (Papua New Guinea), United Nations Volunteer/Human Rights Officer for the Human Rights Division of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan.
- Mr. John Kamea (Fiji), Principal Administrative Officer, Executive Office of the United Nations Secretary-General, New York.
- Mr. Siope Vakataki 'Ofa (Tonga), Economic Affairs Officer, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok.
- Mr. Jone Tuiipelehaki Raqauqau (Fiji), Communications Specialist, United Nations Development Programme, Solomon Islands.
- Mr. Kolone Tikeri (Samoa), Administrative Specialist, United Nations Environment Programme, Pacific Office, Samoa.
- Ms. Christine Apollonia Tiliti (Tonga), Senior Programme Management Officer, United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism, New York.