Press releases and meetings coverage
- UN development cooperation forum ends with call for strong collaboration among states
6 July – A United Nations forum on development cooperation today ended for a call for increased collaboration and accountability among countries, and incorporation of sustainability objectives...
- Dramatic Changes in Global Landscape Demand Deeper Ties among Developing Countries, Deputy Secretary-General Tells Development Cooperation Forum
6 July – The Economic and Social Council today closed its third Development Cooperation Forum as a range of speakers described a “new world” in which non-traditional partners and innovative development arrangements were becoming increasingly prominent...
- Rockefeller Foundation finds "impact investing" key to driving development
9 July - Setting up development partnerships that are inclusive, effective and sustainable was the focus of a UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) forum that just wrapped up in New York...
- Tackling corruption through aid and budget transparency
- -Ms. Sigrid Kaag, Assistant Secretary-General and Assistant Administrator and Director of the Partnerships Bureau of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) - Moderator;
- H.E. Nhlanhla Nene Deputy Minister of Finance, South Africa;
- H.E. Mr. Ralph Jooma, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Finance, Malawi; and
- Mr. Francesco De Simone, Senior Policy Director -- International Development, Transparency International
- Food security in Africa - How to build long term resilience?
- Mr. Patrick Guillaumont, FERDI - Moderator; and
- H.E. Abdou Karim Meckassoua, Interim Planning Minister, Central African Republic
- Youth employment in Africa: how can development cooperation contribute to the solutions?
- Mr. Patrick Guillaumont, FERDI - Moderator;
- H.E. Mr. Abdelouahed Souhail, Minister of Employment and Vocational Training of Morocco; and
- Mr. Adrien Akouete, Deputy Secretary General, ITUC Africa
- Where do we go from Rio?
- Mr. David O'Connor, Chief, Policy Integration and Analysis Branch, Division on Sustainable Development, DESA-Moderator; and
- Ms. Joanna Kerr, Chief Executive, ActionAid
- How can accountability help to deliver on development goals?
- Mr. Matthew Martin, Director, Debt Relief International - Moderator;
- Ms. Pitchette Kampeta Sayinzoga, Permanent Secretary and Secretary to the Treasury, Rwanda;
- Hon. Mr. Saber Hossain Chowdhury, Member of Parliament, Bangladesh; and
- Mr. Paul O'Brien, Director, Oxfam America
- What lies beyond aid?
- Mr. Petko Draganov, Deputy Secretary-General, UNCTAD - Moderator;
- H.E. Oburu Oginga, Assistant Minister for Finance, Kenya;
- H.E. Nhlanhla Nene Deputy Minister of Finance, South Africa; and
- Mr. Nguyen The Phuong, Vice Minister, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Viet Nam
- Interviews from South South News
- H.E. Mr. Milos Koterec, President of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- H.E. Mr. Heikki Holmas, Minister of International Development, Norway
- H.E. Mr. Gyan Chandra Acharya, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Nepal to the United Nations
- Mr. Stephen Pursey, Director, Department of Policy Integration, International Labour Organization
- Mr. Martin Rivero, Executive Director, Uruguayan Agency for International Cooperation
- Mr. Petko Draganov, Deputy Secretary-General, UNCTAD
- Mr. Serdar Cam, President, Turkish International Development & Cooperation Agency
- Mr. Juan Somavia, Director-General, International Labour Organization
- Mr. Sha Zukang, Under-Secretary-General, Economic and Social Affairs
- Mr. Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD
- Ms. Valentine Rugwabiza, Deputy Director-General, WTO
- Mr. David Arkless, President, Corporate and Government Affairs, Manpower Group
- The High-level Segment was webcast at here