DCF SESSION OF THE GLOBAL PREPARATORY MEETING
Thursday, 22 April 2010, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Conference Room 4 - NLB
The Global Preparatory Meeting for the 2010 High-level Segment of ECOSOC served as an opportunity to discuss the expectations for the second biennial DCF. The event began with a briefing on the preparations for the forum as well as an update on the outcome of the High-level Symposium held in Vienna on 12-13 November 2009 on “Accountable and Transparent Development Cooperation: Towards a More Inclusive Framework”. Participants were also informed on the upcoming Helsinki High-level Symposium to be held on 3-4 June 2010 on the theme of “Coherent Development Cooperation: Maximizing Impact in a Changing Environment”.
The following questions have been addressed:
- How can the DCF contribute to the MDG Summit in September 2010?
- Can the DCF provide a platform for providers and recipient countries to hold each other accountable for their respective commitments?
- How can the DCF move forward the debate on policy coherence?
- Should the DCF take place annually?
- Opening Remarks by Mr. Hamidon Ali, President of the Economic and Social Council
- Introductory Remarks by Mr. Sha Zukang, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs
- Briefing on the Helsinki High-level Symposium, H.E. Jarmo Viinanen, Permanent Representative of Finland to the United Nations
- Briefing on the Vienna High-level Symposium, H.E. Christian Ebner, Deputy Permanent Representative of Austria to the United Nations