Please note that this list provides information on the
upcoming meetings and events of the Economic and Social Council, and
the annual sessions of its subsidiary bodies. All meetings are open to
Member States, United Nations agencies, funds and programmes, and the
civil society. For further information, please contact email@example.com for ECOSOC events, and see also the internet links of the subsidiary bodies of ECOSOC.
- 17ECOSOC Organizational session for 2007: Economic and Social Council, election of Bureau ( New York )- ECOSOC Chamber, 3 p.m.
- 22ECOSOC Organizational session for 2007, 2nd meeting (New York)- ECOSOC Chamber, 3 p.m.
- 22 Jan-2 FebCommittee on Non-Governmental Organizations, regular session ( New York )
- 29 Jan-2 FebInternational Narcotics Control Board, eighty-eighth session ( Vienna )
- 2Economic and Social Council, Organizational session ( New York ):
Formal Meeting on themes for the 2007 High-level Segment of the Council- ECOSOC Chamber, 11 a.m.
Informal briefing on preparations for the special high-level meeting of
the Council with the Bretton Woods institutions, the World Trade
Organization and the United Nations Conference on Trade and
Development-ECOSOC Chamber, 3 p.m.
- 12-16Commission on Narcotic Drugs, fiftieth session ( Vienna )
- 19-23Committee for Development Policy, ninth session ( New York )
- 29 Mar-2 Apr
ECA, Conference of African
Ministers of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, fortieth
session of the Commission ( Addis Ababa )
- 11 Jun-6 JulyCommittee for Programme and Coordination, forty-seventh session ( New York )
- 17-21 Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement Agencies, Africa, 17th session (Nairobi)
- 4ECOSOC resumed substantive session of 2007 to consider issues deferred from its 2007 substantive session.
Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement
Agencies, Latin America and the Caribbean, 17th session (Quito,
- 17The Economic and Social Council will hold a meeting of its resumed substantive session of 2007 on Wednesday, 17 October 2007, at 11 a.m. in the Economic and Social Council Chamber, to consider outstanding issues before the Council ( New York )
- 29 Oct-2 Nov Third session of Committee of Experts on International Cooperation in Tax Matters (Geneva)
- 30 Oct-16 Nov International Narcotics Control Board, ninetieth session ( Vienna )
- 5-23Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, thirty-ninth session ( Geneva )
- 13-16Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement Agencies, Asia and the Pacific, 31st session (Bangkok)
- 27-28Commission on Narcotic Drugs, resumed fiftieth session (Vienna)
- 26-30Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, pre-sessional working group, fortieth session (Geneva)
on Narcotic Drugs, Subcommission on Illicit Drug Traffic and Related
Matters in the Near and Middle East, 42nd session
- 3-12Subcommittee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods ( Geneva )
of Experts on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and
Labelling of Chemicals, fourteenth session ( Geneva )
- 14The Use of Underground Space as an Unexpected Solution for Promoting Sustainable Development - A Joint United Nations - International Tunnelling Association Workshop (Presentation Slides)