8 June 1982
Spain: draft resolution
The Security Council,
Recalling its resolutions 508 (1982) and 509 (1982),
Taking note of the report of the Secretary-General (S/15178) of
7 June 1982,
Also taking note of the two positive replies to the Secretary-General of the Government of Lebanon and the Palestine Liberation Organization contained in document S/15178,
1. Condemns the non-compliance with resolutions 508 (1982) and 509 (1982) by Israel;
2. Urges the parties to comply strictly with the regulations attached to the Hague Convention of 1907;
3. Reiterates its demand that Israel withdraw all its military forces forthwith and unconditionally to the internationally recognized boundaries of Lebanon;
4. Reiterates also its demand that all parties observe strictly the terms of paragraph 1 of resolutions 508 (1982) which called on them to cease immediately and simultaneously all military activities within Lebanon and across the Lebanese-Israeli border;
5. Demands that within six hours all hostilities must be stopped in compliance with security Council resolutions 508 (1982) and 509 (1982) and decides, in the event of non-compliance, to meet again to consider practical ways and means in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.
The Security Council on 8 June 1982 voted on the draft resolution as follows:
In favour: China, France, Guyana, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, Panama, Poland, Spain, Togo, Uganda, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Zaire.
Against: United States of America.