2019 SIDS National Focal Point Meeting
The United Nations Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS) and the Government of Cabo Verde are convening the second Small Island Developing States National Focal Points meeting from 25 to 26 July 2019 in Praia, Cabo Verde.
The meeting theme is: Implementation of the SAMOA Pathway in coherence with the 2030 agenda for sustainable development and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The meeting will provide a platform to exchange information and share experiences on enhancing coherence in the implementation of the SAMOA Pathway, the dedicated programme of action for small island developing States (SIDS) as well as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the national levels.
- Discuss and share experiences and relevant strategies on pertinent SIDS related issues
- Discuss the preparation of a toolkit for the harmonized approach for monitoring and reporting on the SAMOA Pathway
- Formalize SIDS National Focal Point networks and activities by highlighting their main functions
- Preparing of a Toolkit for the harmonization of the SAMOA Pathway
- Reporting on the discussions and conclusions
- Adopting the Terms of Reference for the Network of SIDS National Focal Points
The event is organized by UN-OHRLLS together with the Government of Cabo Verde.
The event will bring together Government designated National Focal Points of SIDS, members of the AOSIS Bureau, UN agencies including UNDP and DESA, and regional commissions including ESCAP and ECLAC.
- Meeting Summary
- Draft Programme
- Concept Note
- Logistics Note
- Terms of Reference
- Guidance Note Session 1
- Guidance Note Session 2
- Guidance Note Session 3
- Guidance Note Session 4
- Political commitment to integrated implementation & reporting
- Mr. Sherdon Baugh
- Ms. Elsa de Morais Sarmento
- Toolkit- Seychelles Experience
- Ms. Ma’u Leha