Help visualize world’s action to #SaveOurOcean
Data visualizations help make large amounts of data more readily accessible and understandable by turning numbers, letters and connections into aesthetically pleasing visuals, making it easy to recognize patterns, trends and to identify exceptions.
The Secretariat of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) is offering a unique opportunity to data visualizations specialists to showcase and present their skills to the international community by analyzing and visualizing data from the 1,380 voluntary commitments that were announced in the lead-up, and during, The Ocean Conference, held on 5-9 June 2017 at United Nations Headquarters, New York.
The visualization from the selected winner will be featured during the HLPF at the Partnership Exchange special event, which takes place at the UN headquarters on 17 July 2017.
Participants are encouraged to use their imagination to produce visualizations that highlight insights from all the 1,380 voluntary commitments available in The Ocean Conference Registry of Voluntary Commitments.
Participants should also examine:
- How the Voluntary Commitments can be understood in one snapshot by the General Public?
- Linkages between Goal 14 targets of the voluntary commitments, and other associated targets of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Linkages between organizations making the voluntary commitments
- 10 July 2017 – Deadline for submissions to the UN Secretariat
- 17 July 2017 – Announcement of winner and presenting visualization at the Partnership Exchange special event during the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, New York
To learn more and to enter the competition, click here.