As the United Nations Secretariat entity responsible for economic, social and environmental issues, UN DESA is mandated by Member States to serve as the Secretariat of several Conferences, Summits, and a range of intergovernmental and expert groups.
UN DESA works together with Member States to provide substantive support to these intergovernmental meetings and processes and performs its functions in close cooperation with civil society, academia and UN agencies, funds and programmes.
- 10 Year Review of the Barbados Programme of Action.
- Twenty-first Special Session of the General Assembly on the International Conference on Population and Development.
- Second UN Conference on Human Settlement (HABITAT II).
- World Food Summit.
- International Conference on Population and Development.
- Global Conference on the Sustainable Development of Small Island Development States.
- World Conference on Human Rights.
- United Nations Conference on Environment and Development.
- International Conference on Nutrition.
- World Summit for Children.
- World Conference on Education for all.
- Second UN Conference on the Least Developed Countries.