Calling all innovative public institutions, who strive to excel in public service delivery for the SDGs!
Every year, the United Nations awards innovative public-service initiatives that support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through its United Nations Public Service Awards (UNPSA). The Award aims to promote and reward innovative achievements and contributions of public institutions for realizing the goals. It is open to all public organizations, including central and local governments and public institutions engaged in public-private partnerships for delivering services. The nominations for the 2019 award has just opened, and UN DESA is now calling for recommendations!
Do you know of any innovative public-service initiatives that contribute to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, its 17 goals (SDGs), and the core principle of the 2030 Agenda of leaving no one behind? Then nominate them for the UNPSA 2019!
This year’s awards will reward the achievements and contributions of public service institutions in five categories:
- Delivering inclusive and equitable services to leave no one behind;
- Ensuring integrated approaches in the public-sector institutions;
- Developing effective and accountable public institutions;
- Promoting digital transformation in public-sector institutions; and
- Promoting gender responsive public services to achieve the SDGs
Get involved and nominate your favorite initiative to win the UNPSA 2019. Apply online by 30 November 2018!