Letter dated 11 March 2002 from the Permanent Representative of the
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya to the United Nations addressed
to the President of the Security Council
I have the honour to transmit to you herewith the final communiqué and resolutions adopted by the Conference of Leaders and Heads of State of the Community of Sahelo-Saharan States at its fourth ordinary session, held in Sirte, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, on 6 and 7 March 2002 (see annex).
I should be grateful if you would have this letter and its annex circulated as a document of the Security Council.
(Signed) Abuzed Omar Dorda
Annex to the letter dated 11 March 2002 from the Permanent Representative
of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya to the United Nations
addressed to the President of the Security Council
[Original: Arabic, English and French]
COMMUNITY OF SAHEL-SAHARAN STATES CEN-SAD
OF THE 4th ORDINARY SESSION OF THE CONFERENCE
OF LEADERS AND HEADS OF STATE
52. The 4th Ordinary Session of the Conference of Leaders and Heads of State expressed its deep concern over the deterioration of the situation in the occupied Palestine as a consequence of the suppression, assassination, aggression policy and state-terrorism pursued by the Zionists.
53. The Conference made a vibrant appeal to the International Community to mobilize itself according to the relevant resolutions of the UN for the promotion of peace in the region. It also addressed a message of sympathy and support to President YASSER ARAFAT, Chairman of the Palestinian Authority.
REGARDING THE SUPPORT OF THE STEADFASTNESS
OF THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE
The 4th Ordinary Session of the Conference of Leaders and Heads of State of CEN-SAD Community, held in Sirte, Great Jamahiriya, on 6 – 7 March 2002:
While following with deep concern the sustained suffering experienced by the Palestinian People and oppression, suppression, intimidation and torture they are being subjected to and affirming their stances and their right of self-determination on their territories.
- Pays tribute of the steadfastness of the Palestinian People in defence of its legitimate rights.
- Condemns state-terrorism daily perpetrated by Israel against unarmed Palestinian people.
- Requests the International Community to act immediately to exert necessary pressure on the occupation authorities to stop the killing, genocide to which the Palestinian People is being subjected to, and to put an end to the siege imposed on the President of the Palestinian Authority YASSER ARAFAT.