Agenda item 3
CREDENTIALS OF REPRESENTATIVES TO THE FORTY-FIRST SESSION
OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Letter dated 7 October 1986 from the Permanent Representative of
Oman to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General
In my capacity as Chairman of the Arab Group for the month of October 1986 and on behalf of the members of the Arab Group, I transmit herewith the letter of the Arab Group objecting to the credentials of the delegation of Israel to the forty-first session of the General Assembly.
I request that it be submitted to the Credentials Committee at its first meeting and circulated as an official document of the General Assembly under agenda item 3.
(Signed) Saoud Ben Salim AL-ANSI
Letter to the President of the forty-first session of the General
Assembly challenging the credentials of the delegation of Israel
to the General Assembly
We the undersigned have the honor to draw your attention to our objection to the credentials to the delegation of Israel to the forty-first session of the United Nations General Assembly on the following grounds:
1. Israel's failure to comply with the resolutions of the security Council on the question of Palestine, the situation in the Middle East and related issues, which constitutes a violation of Article 25 of the Charter.
2. Israel's failure to implement the resolutions of the General Assembly on the question of Palestine and the situation in the Middle East calling for the Palestinian People's attainment of its legitimate and inalienable rights, including the right of return, the right to self-determination and the right to establish its own independent State in Palestine, and urging the necessity of the termination of Israeli occupation of the Arab territories in accordance with the principle of the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by force and, consequently, the necessity of ensuring Israel's withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem and the Syrian Golan Heights.
3. Israel's failure to implement the resolutions adopted by the General Assembly on the other items related to the items on the question of Palestine and the situation in the Middle East.
4. Israel's violation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories and the other occupied Arab territories, in particular its violation of the provisions of the fourth Geneva Convention of 12 August 1949.
5. The continuation of Israel's annexation of Palestinian and other Arab territories, including Jerusalem and the Syrian Golan Heights, which constitutes a violation of the provisions of the United Nations Charter and the norms of international law.
6. The continuation of Israel's aggression against the Arab States and the expansion of the area of its aggression to Lebanon, Iraq and Tunisia.
7. Israel's continuation of its co-operation with the racist régime in South
Africa, particularly in the nuclear and economic
8. The issuance of the credentials of the Israeli delegation to the forty-first session of the General Assembly in occupied Jerusalem, in violation of the resolutions of the Security Council, in particular resolution 478 (1980), and the Pertinent resolutions of the General Assembly, in particular resolution 35/169 E of 15 December 1980.
We request you to have this letter circulated as a document of the General Assembly and also to refer it to the Credentials Committee for consideration.
Signed by the following:
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Palestine Liberation Organization
Syrian Arab Republic
United Arab Emirates