The Library provides research and information services to support the participation of Member States in the United Nations as its first priority. As such, delegates are encouraged to visit the Library.
To get started, the Library provides several resources, some of which are listed below.
- Professional reference services: contact us today
- Ask DAG: Database of answers to frequently asked questions.
- UN Member States on the Record: An index of important documents relating to each Member State.
- United Nations Digital Library: The online catalogue of UN documents and publications. The Digital Library provides access to UN documents, voting data, speeches, maps, and open access publications.
- Research Guides: A good place to start research on UN topics of special interest.
- Index to Proceedings: Subject index to UN documents and speeches.
- Interlibrary loan (subject to availability)
- Dag Discovery: The search interface of the Library's print and online collections (excluding UN documents and publications).
- Subscription Electronic Resources: Journals and databases accessible from within UN Headquarters.
- Training Programme
- Reading room (located in L-105): visit the Library to get professional research service, use one of our computers, or browse our newest magazines and journals.
- Outreach Programme for Permanent Missions - contact us for more information.