Our primary clients are the Permanent Missions of the Member States and UN Secretariat staff, who are encouraged to visit the Library.
To get started, the Library provides several resources, some of which are listed below.
- Professional reference services: contact us today
- Ask DAG: Database of answers to frequently asked questions.
- United Nations Digital Library: The online catalogue of UN documents and publications. The Digital Library provides access to UN documents, voting data, speeches, maps, and open access publications.
- Research Guides: A good place to start research on UN topics of special interest.
- Subscription Electronic Resources: Journals and databases accessible from within UN Headquarters.
- UN Secretariat staff based in New York can access most resources outside of UN Headquarters. Click here for more information.
- DAG Discovery: The search interface of the Library's print and online collections (excluding UN documents and publications).
- Interlibrary loan (subject to availability)
- Training Programme
- Reading room (located in L-105) - visit the Library to get professional research service, use one of our computers, or browse our newest magazines and journals.