Joint Event by GA and ECOSOC Presidents
18 June 2021
In preparation for the LDC5 Conference, and pursuant to GA resolution 74/232 B of 11 August 2020, the Presidents of the GA and ECOSOC held a joint thematic event on Friday, 18 June 2021, under the theme “Diversifying the Financing Toolbox to Enhance Investment in Least Developed Countries”.
The joint event offered a unique platform to advance the following objectives and build common ground on:
- Strengthening national and global financing mechanisms to ensure a smart and modern risk-informed and resilient financing toolbox for LDCs aiming at accelerated implementation of the SDGs, while building back better from the pandemic and resilience against future crises.
- Engagement with various stakeholders including governments, IFIs, private sector, foundations and other stakeholders in addressing the new and emerging challenges and seizing the opportunities offered by innovative financing for SDGs.
- Promoting investment in sustainable infrastructure as a tool to foster growth, address inequality and build resilience against shocks.
- Concept Note enclosed in another letter by the PGA and ECOSOC President of 19 May 2021
- Programme of the Joint Event enclosed in the letter by the PGA and ECOSOC President of 11 June 2021
- Programme of Action for the Least Developed Countries for the Decade 2011–2020 of 13 July 2021
- Summary of the Joint Event