- 2020: Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- 2019: Bridging the standardization gap
- 2018: Enabling the positive use of Artificial Intelligence for All
- 2017: Big Data for Big Impact
- 2016: ICT entrepreneurship for social impact
- 2015: Telecommunications and ICTs: Drivers of innovation
- Other past events
When cyclone Harold landed on Vanuatu, the only communication channel some of its remote islands had was the satellite links ITU had helped establish. The satellite connectivity project demonstrated the importance of robust and resilient broadband digital infrastructure. The project aims to bring SDG-centred digital services to improve living conditions for island community members. ITU stands ready to continue its support to Vanuatu’s digital transformation journey.
International days and weeks are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool. We also mark other UN observances.