Submit Your Energy Compact
Energy Compacts are an inclusive process, open to all stakeholders including national governments, regions and cities, private sector companies, financial institutions, UN agencies and civil society organizations. Cross-sectoral thematic Energy Compacts with multiple partners are also welcome. All stakeholders are encouraged to develop and submit Energy Compacts at any time throughout the Decade of Action to achieve the SDGs, aligned to the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
The historic High-Level Dialogue on Energy in September 2021 marked the beginning of this decade-long process, when the first set of ambitious Energy Compacts from across all stakeholder groups was presented. All Energy Compact proponents are encouraged to seize the opportunity to submit an Energy Compact and join the global movement.
Follow these steps to formally register an Energy Compact:
- Download and complete the Energy Compact template
- Submit your Energy Compact for review to the Energy Compact team by e-mailing your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org (copy to email@example.com).
- A small team of UN-Energy experts will check over your Compact to ensure it includes all the needed elements and is in line with the Guiding Principles with the target of getting back to you within 10 working days.
- If needed, the team will get in touch regarding any additional steps required to register the Compact or ask you to re-submit the Compact.
- If a Compact has all the required elements, and is in line with the guiding principles, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the main stakeholder contact inviting you to formally register the Compact using the Online Registration Form.
- Once the Compact details are entered via the Online Registration Form, it will be formally registered and displayed on the Energy Compact registry and website.
Join a Workshop
Join and Energy Compact Workshop to learn more about the process and how to best develop actions and commitments. You can join or organize a workshop for your constituency by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to participate in a introductory workshop, or a deep-dive thematic workshop here.