The UN Creative Community Outreach Initiative (CCOI) is the first point of entry to the United Nations for film and television producers, writers, directors and other content creators. Recognizing the power of entertainment and the arts, CCOI collaborates with film and television productions to cast light on pressing global issues.
The UN system is represented in every corner of the world. CCOI can help with access for on-location filming, whether it’s at UN Headquarters in New York or at one of the Organization’s many field locations around the world. We can offer editorial and logistical support for productions wishing to portray UN-related issues or the UN itself, and help with legal clearance for the use of the UN name and emblem.
We can help by:
- Facilitating filming at UN locations
- Providing writers' rooms access to UN subject matter experts (gender, climate change, human rights, poverty, peacekeeping, education, food security, etc.) and UN field staff who have experienced conflict situations, natural disasters, human rights violations, humanitarian assistance, etc.
- Advising on script authenticity as it pertains to the work of the UN and its issues
- Assisting with research on UN storylines, including compelling untold stories of peacekeepers, humanitarian workers and other UN field staff
- Acting as a clearinghouse for legal issues, including use of the UN name and emblem
- Facilitating access to the extensive collection of UN archival film and photos dating back to the establishment of the UN in 1945