Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Ukraine
New York, 20 January 2014
The Secretary-General continues to follow developments in Ukraine closely and with concern. He reiterates his appeal to all concerned to act with restraint, avoid any further escalation and violence and to uphold the democratic principles of freedom of expression and peaceful assembly.
The Secretary-General takes note of renewed efforts towards dialogue in Ukraine. He urges all parties to engage in meaningful, sustained and inclusive dialogue and reiterates the need for a mutual agreement among Ukrainians on the future path of their country.
Statements on 20 January 2014
- New York, 20 January 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the situation in the Central African Republic [Scroll down for French version]
- New York, 20 January 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on developments related to Syria
- New York, 20 January 2014 - Secretary-General's remarks to Security Council open debate on the Situation in the Middle East
- New York, 20 January 2014 - Secretary-General's message for the Year of Crystallography
- Geneva, Switzerland, 20 January 2014 - Secretary-General's message for Human Rights Council Special Session on Central African Republic [delivered by Mr. Michael Møller, Acting Head of the United Nations Office in Geneva]