New York, 20 November 2013 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Nepal
The Secretary-General congratulates the people of Nepal for the peaceful and successful conduct of the Constituent Assembly election. The turnout shows their determination to take the peace process forward. The new Constituent Assembly will have the historic responsibility to complete a new constitution, building upon the impressive gains in the peace process so far, and thereby promoting national dialogue and genuine reconciliation. The United Nations remains committed to supporting Nepal in its transition towards a peaceful, democratic and prosperous future.
Statements on 20 November 2013
- Warsaw, 20 November 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks at COP19 Momentum for Change event
- Vienna, Austria, 20 November 2013 - Secretary-General's message to Religions for Peace World Assembly, 20-22 November [delivered by Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, the United Nations High Representative for the Alliance of Civilizations]
- The Hague, The Netherlands, 20 November 2013 - Secretary-General's message to opening of 12th Session of the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court [delivered by the UN Legal Counsel, Under-Secretary-General Miguel de Serpa Soares]
- New York, 20 November 2013 - Secretary-General's message on Africa Industrialization Day
- Warsaw, Poland, 20 November 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks at Ministerial Meeting on Climate Finance