Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Sudan and South Sudan
New York, 2 April 2012The Secretary-General remains deeply concerned over the continued fighting along the border between Sudan and South Sudan. He reiterates his calls on the Governments of Sudan and South Sudan to immediately cease hostilities and implement the agreements already reached on security, border monitoring and Abyei.
As both parties have endeavoured to convene a presidential summit, the Secretary-General calls on President Bashir and President Kiir to meet as soon as possible and ensure a quick and fruitful outcome of negotiations.
Statements on 2 April 2012
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Southern Thailand
- New York, 2 April 2012 - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's keynote address to the Global Colloquium of University Presidents at Columbia University [as prepared for delivery]
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Statement Attibutable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Myanmar by-elections
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Secretary-General's message to UN Disarmament Commission [delivered by Ms. Angela Kane, High Representative for Disarmament Affairs]
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Secretary-General's remarks at Treaty Body Strenghtening Consultation for States Parties
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Secretary-General's remarks at High Level Meeting on "Happiness and Well-Being : Defining a New Economic Paradigm"
- New York, 2 April 2012 - Secretary-General's message on World Autism Awareness Day