The Secretary-General's High-Level Panel of eminent persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
In July 2012, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the 27 members of a High-level Panel to advise on the global development framework beyond 2015, the target date for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The Panel was co-chaired by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono of Indonesia, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia, and Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom, and it includes leaders from civil society, private sector and government.
The Panel was part of the Secretary-General’s post-2015 initiative mandated by the 2010 MDG Summit. UN Member States have called for open, inclusive consultations involving civil society, the private sector, academia and research institutions from all regions, in addition to the UN system, to advance the development framework beyond 2015.
The work of the Panel reflected new development challenges while also drawing on experience gained in implementing the MDGs, both in terms of results achieved and areas for improvement.
The Panel's work was closely coordinated with that of the intergovernmental working group tasked to design Sustainable Development Goals, as agreed at the Rio +20 conference.
The High-Level Panel submitted its report containing recommendations to the Secretary-General on 30 May 2013.
- One Year On: An open letter from former members of the UN Secretary-General's High-Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Agenda, 22 September 2014
- Communiqué from the meeting of the High‐Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post‐2015 Development Agenda in Bali, Indonesia, 27 March 2013
- Communiqué from the meeting of the High-level Panel, Monrovia, Liberia, 1 February 2013
- Framing Questions for the Panel's Work
- Press statement on meeting of the High-level Panel, London, 2 November 2012
- Communiqué on the Secretary General’s High Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Press release: UN Secretary-General Appoints High-level Panel on Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Terms of Reference for the High-level Panel