Upcoming Events (in New York unless otherwise indicated)
- UN Security Council: The situation in the Middle East (27 June)
- UN Security Council: The situation in Liberia (27 June)
- Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1373 (2001) concerning counter-terrorism, Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999), 1989 (2011) and 2253 (2015) concerning ISIL (Da'esh), Al-Qaida and associated individuals, groups, undertakings and entities and the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1970 (2011) concerning Libya (27 June)
- UN Conference to Negotiate a Legally Binding Instrument to Prohibit Nuclear Weapons, Leading Towards their Total Elimination | UNODA (15 Jun to 7 Jul)
- UN Security Council open debate on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (28 June)
- ECOSOC High-Level Political Forum 2017: Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform (10-19 July)
The United Nations observes designated days, weeks, years, and decades, each with a theme, or topic. By creating special observances, the United Nations promotes international awareness and action on these issues. The majority of observances have been established by resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly, although some have been designated by UN specialized agencies. The United Nations also observes anniversaries of key events in its history.