Renewal of Media Accreditation
1. Update online account and submit request
2. Supporting documentation
A new letter requesting the renewal of the accreditation of the person(s) on official letterhead of the media organization signed by the Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, Assignment Editor or company official (along with their contact information). Please address the letter to the Media Accreditation Unit and upload it to the form with your request. Letters will no longer be accepted by e-mail or fax.
Samples of your coverage of the United Nations from the last 6 months. These samples should be uploaded to the form when submitting the request. If your pass has lapsed or you are applying for a temporary pass, please provide two recent samples of coverage of international affairs.
Correspondents or green "P" holders are required to provide a minimum of:
- Print & Online/Internet-based media - three (3) by-lined or credited articles from the UN Radio / TV - three (3) broadcast reports from the UN
- Photographers - three (3) published & credited photographic clippings / tearsheets from the UN.
UN Resident Correspondents or white "P" holders are required to provide a minimum of:
- Print & Online/Internet-based media - eight (8) by-lined or credited articles from the UN
- Radio / TV - eight (8) broadcast reports from the UN
- Photographers - eight (8) published & credited photographic clippings / tearsheets from the UN.
Once the request is approved, a confirmation will be sent to the email on file in the online account. If you have not heard from us within one working week of the submission of your assignment letter, you should contact our offices: (212) 963-6934.
Credentials are initially given for a period of four months, followed by application for annual renewal. Lapses in accreditation of more than 60 days will be treated as new applications.
In accepting a U.N. Media ID Card you are agreeing to the terms of the United Nations Media Guidelines.
More information to collect your media pass: PICK UP YOUR CREDENTIALS!