• A copy of the letter requesting your accreditation.
  • Two forms of valid ID. Valid ID must include a current passport from a State recognized by the United Nations General Assembly, along with a driver's license or other form of State-issued photo ID.

Non-US nationals must also confirm their right to work as a journalist by providing an "I" visa or a residency card ("green card") or a valid employment authorization card or documentation issued by the Department of State.

Journalists in the U.S. on an I visa who wish to request a change of employer or information medium, must file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status. They will need to show the approval from U.S. authorities before we can change their affiliation.

Interns who are active students will need to provide a letter from their university supporting the internship. Non-US nationals can provide a letter from their university or an I-20 form listing the internship. Non-US nationals who are not active students will need to provide a work authorization document or work visa.

Organization identifications, photo credit cards, Foreign Press Cards are not acceptable forms of identification.

No badge will be given without the presentation of valid IDs.

Photographers and camera operators covering photo opportunities on the 38th floor must be at the MALU office (S-250) at least 30 minutes prior to the event.


Media Accreditation Clearance Office in the UNITAR Building

801 First Avenue (corner of 45th Street and First Avenue)
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 963 7164
Office hours: 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on UN official holidays and during the general debate in September)