Picking up your Media Accreditation
Once you receive an e-mail confirming that your request for accreditation has been approved, you need to come in person to collect your media press pass. Please create/renew your online account prior to picking up your badge.
What to bring
- A copy of the letter requesting your accreditation.
- Two forms of valid ID. Valid ID must include a current passport from a State recognized by the United Nations General Assembly, along with a driver's license or other form of State issued photo ID.
- Non- US nationals must also confirm their right to work as a journalist by providing an "I" visa or a residency card ("green card") or a valid employment authorization card or documentation issued by the Department of State.
- Organization identifications, photo credit cards, Foreign Press Cards are not acceptable forms of identification.
- No badge will be given without the presentation of valid IDs.
Where to pick-up your badge
Media Accreditation Clearance Office in the UNITAR Building
801 First Avenue (corner of 45th Street and First Avenue), New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 963-7164
Office hours: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on UN official holidays and during the general debate in September)