Mr. Vincenzo Aquaro was appointed, effective 1 February 2010, as Chief, Knowledge Management Branch, Division for Public Administration & Development Management. Before joining the United Nations, Mr. Aquaro was the Chairman of the Board and CEO of Formit Servizi S.p.A., a leading company in the field of e-governance advisory, management and monitoring services. He was also a member of the Scientific Committee of FORMIT Foundation, and President and CEO of CARMA Research Consortium, with offices in Rome, Naples, Bari, Brussels and Moscow.
Recognized as an international expert in the area of e-governance matters and ICT technology transfer programs for Public Administration, Mr. Aquaro was also a member of the board and professor of the Masters in “ICT Governance: development, management and monitoring” at the University of Rome 3. Mr. Aquaro holds a degree in Electronic Engineering – automatic controls – from the University of Bari, Italy.
The following staff members were promoted in February:
* Janette Amer, Chief of Section, Division for the Advancement of Women
* Cynthia Conti, Technical Co-operation Assistant, Technical Cooperation Management Service
* Nicole Hunt, Statistics Assistant, Development Policy and Analysis Division
* Flor Velazco-Juarez, Programme Assistant, Division for Public Administration and Development Management
The following staff members retired in February:
* Veda Gittens, Technical Co-operation Assistant, Division for Public Administration and Development Management
* Estrellita Kriveloff, Budget Assistant, Capacity Development Office