Post-2015: A Transformative Agenda
In 2015, world leaders will agree on new development agenda to set the world on a sustainable course. The theme of the 69th session, “Delivering on and implementing a transformative post-2015 development agenda”, underscores the need to focus on its effective implementation.
- Agreement reached on the Outcome Document to adopt the Post-2015 Agenda (3 August)
- Amid ‘steady rise’ in rhino poaching and elephant killings, UN urges action to tackle illegal wildlife trade (30 July)
- President Kutesa Condemns the Terrorist Attack in Somalia (29 July)
- 24 July: Nelson Mandela International Day and Award Ceremony for the Inaugural Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Prize
- “Spare no effort to ensure a successful outcome,” the President of the General Assembly urges participants at the Financing for Development Conference in Addis Ababa – President Kutesa meets with Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn of Ethiopia, 13 July